A Few Things About Me
As a He/Him living in Staten Island, NYC, I live by the motto 'What's Most Broken, Where's The Biggest Bang for The Buck, What Plates Need Spinning'. My life is centered around my kid, Linux, Python, vim & git, and daily reading & writing. If I were to participate in an eating contest, Blue Cheese & Skittles would be my choice. I've experienced some truly magical moments.
Living in Staten Island, NYC: Experiencing Life's Magical Moments and Sharing Them.
By Michael Levin
Friday, February 17, 2023
What are your pronouns? He/Him
Where are you located? Staten Island, New York City
Personal Motto/Mantra/Favorite Quote:
That would be my daily process:
- What’s Most Broken
- Where’s The Biggest Bang for The Buck
- What Plates Need Spinning
Name three things you can’t live without:
- My kid (12 & growing up fast)
- Linux, Python, vim & git (fad-resistant FOSS)
- Daily reading & writing (SciFi, Journaling, Blogging)
If you were to participate in an eating contest, what food would you want for your challenge?
- Blue Cheese & Skittles
What is the most magical thing that has ever happened to you?
This chained-up series of events:
- Born within miles & months of Unix
- Student intern for Commodore computers
- Move to NYC to be VP of PR firm that launched Amazon.
- Created a Web 2.0-era app HitTail that had 15 year run.
- Gradual discovery/embracing of love-worthy tech tools
- Leading to today with “magical charge” at maximum.
What excites you the most about this new position?
SEO is undergoing the largest changes in decades, between AI and more powerful than ever FOSS tools in the hands of individuals. The iron is hot to alter perceptions and to shape and define a new emerging field.