Boosting YouTube Watch Time / YouTube Analytics
by Mike LevinTuesday, May 31, 2022
Last day of May. It’s March that comes in like a Lion. I got that so wrong on the videos. Just forge forward relentlessly. Also, show the nice people your YouTube metrics and your figuring out your next step. Don’t pander, but YouTube probably is my best prospect on having the supplementary income I require for going from $1500/mo rent to $2200/mo. Can you believe it? And that’s not even for living in Manhattan. That’s the suburban outer borough of Staten Island! Shit, I’ve got to tighten my belt and hunt.
Continue doing a kick-ass job “at the office”. Everything you do for your online presence and personal skills must also apply directly to doing a better job at work. The money I make at the “real” job is critical. I cannot sustain going unemployed for the stretch of time you’re supposed to be able to. And so do great work. That’s so important.
Okay, so work on boosting YouTube watch time. This is my current analytics:
So the question is, how to do that without compromise? How to do that while helping yourself in your day-job?
- How do you find your subject-matter
- How do you ensure the choice of keywords (good title)
- How do you distribute it over multiple videos
- How do you cross-link it with other media
- How do you find your audience
- How do you engage newcomers
- How do you retain return visitors
- How do you surprise, entertain and delight
- How do you learn simultaneously with teaching
- How can you show someone how to do something if you barely know yourself?
- How can you make such content improve over time
- How can you make more polished “extractions” for the impatient
- How can you teach your child the parts they’d like of it as you go
- How do you convey the love-worthiness of things
- How do you infuse the love of math, truth and things like it
- How can you get over the triggering limits of language
- How can you make the inaccessible accessible
- How do you know your efforts are going to be successful
- Look at what has already been successful
- Figure out important elements of why it was successful
- Figure out multiple criss-crossing elements of success
- Add those multiple criss-crossing elements as you go
- Don’t defer the cross-linking, transcribing, etc. Do it now!
- You Can’t Teach A Narcissist / The Narcissist At Microsoft
- The budding narcissist at the Catskills colony