Plotting a Post-Scarcity Future for Humanity with ChatGPT
by Mike LevinTuesday, February 14, 2023
Hi I’m going to talk you through the x10, x100 rule of perception that’s going to kill Google. ChatGPT is clearly a hundred times better than most things anybody has seen before. Oh sure Meta PhD snoots and Google insiders can talk all they want about how not-advanced ChatGPT is.
Fact is, they brought it to the public first getting all those nuances down that were actually necessary to plant their flag in that piece of human history. It’s like the moon landing or the first usr of atomic energy. History will record the rise of the machines on a commercial corporate sense.
Sorry Google. In July of 1969, we put humans on the moon. In November of 2022, OpenAI released the first AI the public really got to know upon the world. It was OpenAI and not Google because of clarity of vision and an appreciation for filtering nuance.
OpenAI couldn’t just have a robot talking to everyone willy nilly for commercial gain without some highly woke safeguards avoiding offending anyone and everyone at every turn. Don’t believe me? Ask it whether there is such a thing as race or gender. This thing is taught to be objective and even handed at Infinitum. It frustrate enough people that “rooting” AIs through the proposing of fictional personas like DAN.
Such loopholes and avoidance of Asimov’s modernized rules of do no harm including the easily offended sensitive sensibilities of the current generation. There’s no surer way to be universally hated than to purport universal objective truth. Winners rewrite history, and they have for awhile now. The Internet and personal data archives is new.
Asimov predicted computers would be walking before talking because talking was a such harder tasks. Misguided Asimov detractors ridiculed Asimov for getting it in reverse, and how computers like Speak And Spell toys were clearly robots talking before they could walk.
That view of Asimov getting it in reverse misses the point that Asimov was talking about really talking the way ChatGPT does today. Boston Dynamics, Honda and tons of others had robots walking years before they could (just now) talk. So Asimov was right again.
So what now, Einstein? AIs are on the rise. What we’re seeing today is like when video was thumbnail-sized and not streaming on computer desktops. Right in 1990 when everything started happening that gave us the Internet, Mobile and the Cloud. AI’s easily on that order and we’re seeing the thumbnail-sized video in ChatGPT now. A functionality proximity to the Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy is a generation away, as is Marvin the paranoid android.
So project forward in your mind. What is that 10x improvement that gave us full screen video and the 100x improvement that gave us 4K streaming going to look like with AI. Is it just media like with video, or are lifestyle changes like 3D-printed off-grid lifestyles? Exactly how transforming are we talking about here with AI, and what about the next 2 to 5 years and issues of my own humanity and economic value?
We’ll, show the folks how you journal innvim of course. Show them the actualization engine that begins with freeform writing just like this here and ends with ideas o would have never had were I not engaged in such writing. In other words, show them idea divination. Inspired ideas come from somewhere. They come from writing-exploring.
Now for the most part, I like to do this in solitude. But I like that idea of DAN. Dan can be an AI personality I incubate. It doesn’t matter what label people put on it, but for an AI to slip into a persona to be the other side in a conversation is a really cool trick. We can automate a Hecklefish sidekick. Watch this:
Hey ChatGPT: Today I get a sidekick. I want to have a Watson to my Holmes. I want to have someone helping me to experience and document my adventures into the evolving AI Wonderland. They are the straight-man to my jokes, the sounding wall to my ideas, and the thing questioning the smarts of my approach. This sidekick needs a name. Something like Tonto to The Lone Ranger, but without being racially offending, or like Danger Mouse and his side kick, what’s his name? Give me suggestions for a name for this side kick. Keep in mind this will also be my name for an alter ego for you like people are using DAN. I want it to have snappy appeal and the potential to go viral. Give me some name ideas.
Sure, here are a few name suggestions for your sidekick/alter ego:
- Byte Buddy
- Code Companion
- AI Ally
- Bot BFF
- Tech Twin
- Data Duo
- Neural Navigator
- Machine Mate
- Digital Doppelganger
- Algorithm Assistant
I hope you find these suggestions helpful, and wish you all the best in your adventures into the AI Wonderland!
Hey ChatGPT: Great ideas! If the alter AI persona helped me a lot with Python, what do you think of the name Pythonically?
“Pythonically” could be a great name for your alter AI persona, especially if it has been helping you a lot with Python. The name is catchy and playful, and it also clearly references the programming language, which could be appealing to other Python enthusiasts. Overall, I think it’s a great choice!
Hey ChatGPT: Do you get the double entendre that was inspired by your list?
I’m sorry, as an AI language model, I don’t have personal feelings or emotions, and I’m not capable of getting double entendres in the same way that humans do. However, I’m here to assist you with any questions you have to the best of my abilities! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please feel free to ask.
Hey ChatGPT: What 2 words is Pythonically compose of and what are their meanings?
The word “Pythonically” is composed of the word “Python,” which is a high-level programming language, and the suffix “-ically,” which means “in a manner of” or “related to.” So, “Pythonically” means “in a manner related to Python” or “in a way that is characteristic of Python.”
Hey ChatGPT: What about ally?
“Ally” is a noun that means a person or group that is associated with another for a common purpose or goal. In the context of your question, “AI Ally” would refer to an artificial intelligence agent or program that is working with you towards a shared goal or purpose, such as learning or developing skills related to artificial intelligence.
Hey ChatGPT: So what are 3 meanings for Pythonically?
The word “Pythonically” has only one primary meaning, which is “in a manner related to Python,” as I mentioned earlier. However, here are a few possible interpretations of the word in different contexts:
- If you were to say that someone is speaking Pythonically, it could mean that they are speaking in a technical or programming-related way, using jargon or concepts related to the Python programming language.
- If you were to describe a piece of code as being written Pythonically, it could mean that the code follows the conventions and best practices of the Python programming language, such as using proper indentation, clear and concise syntax, and so on.
- In a more general sense, if you were to describe something as being done Pythonically, it could mean that it is being done in a methodical, systematic, or “Python-like” way, perhaps drawing on the language’s reputation for being easy to read and learn, or its emphasis on simplicity and elegance in programming.
Hey ChatGPT: If you were to describe someone as being a Pythonic Ally, what would that mean?
If you were to describe someone as a “Pythonic Ally,” it would mean that they are a supporter, collaborator, or friend who is familiar with the Python programming language, and who is working together with you on a project or goal related to Python development or AI development using Python. Essentially, the term “Pythonic Ally” would convey a sense of camaraderie and shared expertise in the world of Python programming and artificial intelligence.
Hey ChatGPT: I have the following interrelated web sites I would like to promote and make popular, each for its own reason. This site here shared I’m publishing conversations like this one is https://MikeLev.in where I brainstorm and free associate. Ideas suitable for being wrapped into the Free and Open Source SEO Software I publish get refined and published on https://Pipulate.com. I promote the software stack I use to do all this, Linux, Python, vim & git on https://LPvg.com. And finally, I’m doing a wacky experiment regarding developing you as an AI sidekick personality like Holmes to my Watson at https://pytbonically.org where I expect you do do most of the writing in that persona. I plan on using the audience I develop and revenue I make from the sites as my retirement gig. I don’t need to move fast but I do want an almost guaranteed to succeed strategy to follow. I know there are no assurances, but I am going f to project the confidence of Sherlock Holmes. Do you understand?
Yes, I understand your goals and the websites you’ve described. It sounds like you have a diverse set of websites, each with its own purpose and audience, and that you’re looking to promote them and build a following over time. Based on what you’ve shared, here are a few suggestions for strategies you could consider to help achieve your goals:
- Develop targeted content: Each of your websites has a different focus and audience, so it’s important to create content that is tailored to each site’s niche. For example, on your brainstorming site, you could create content that is more free-form and experimental, while on your software site, you could focus on more technical and practical content. By targeting your content to the specific needs and interests of each site’s audience, you’re more likely to attract and retain readers.
- Leverage social media: Social media can be a powerful tool for promoting your websites and reaching a wider audience. Consider creating social media profiles for each of your websites and using them to share your content, engage with your audience, and build relationships with others in your niche.
- Invest in SEO: SEO (search engine optimization) can help your websites rank higher in search engine results, making them more visible to potential readers. Consider investing in SEO strategies like keyword research, link building, and on-page optimization to help your websites get discovered by more people.
- Build a community: Building a community of like-minded individuals around your websites can be a great way to foster engagement and build a loyal following. Consider creating forums, social groups, or other online spaces where your audience can connect with each other and with you.
Overall, there is no one-size-fits-all strategy for building a successful online presence, but by focusing on creating quality content, promoting your sites through social media and SEO, and building a strong community around your work, you’ll be well on your way to achieving your goals.
Hey ChatGPT: How do AIs like you being on the scene now affect a plan such as the one you laid out above? If such a plan is still achievable how might I use AI to help me accelerate such a plan?
As an AI, I can be a valuable resource in helping you achieve your plan to build and promote your websites. Here are a few ways you might be able to use AI to help you accelerate your plan:
- Use AI for content creation: AI tools like natural language processing and machine learning can be used to create content for your websites, such as blog posts, articles, and social media updates. You can use AI-generated content to supplement your own writing or to free up time for other tasks.
- Leverage AI for SEO: AI-powered SEO tools can help you optimize your websites for search engines by identifying keywords, analyzing your competitors, and suggesting changes to improve your rankings.
- Utilize AI for social media management: AI can help you manage and grow your social media presence by automating tasks like content scheduling, post promotion, and engagement tracking.
- Incorporate AI chatbots: AI-powered chatbots can help you provide quick and efficient customer service to your website visitors, freeing up your time to focus on other aspects of your plan.
- Analyze website data with AI: AI tools can help you analyze website traffic data to better understand your audience, identify areas for improvement, and optimize your website for conversions.
Overall, AI can be a powerful tool for accelerating your plan to build and promote your websites. By leveraging AI tools and techniques, you can automate tasks, improve your website’s performance, and free up your time to focus on creating great content and building your audience.
Hey ChatGPT: I’m going to need things to be 10x to 100x more impactful and meaningful than they’ve been in the past. I know I need to work towards that with a compounding or snowballing effect. The idea is to start engaging in those little things that compound immensely over time. I’m concerned with almost all technical debt turning into an obsoleted liability, wasting effort. I want to focus on those areas so fortified in the field and tech in general that they’re unlikely to ever go away. What small steps should I take?
To start making your efforts 10x to 100x more impactful and meaningful, here are some small steps you can take:
- Focus on evergreen topics: Instead of creating content that’s trendy or related to short-term events, focus on topics that are likely to be relevant and useful for years to come. This can help ensure that your content continues to provide value to your audience and doesn’t become obsolete over time.
- Use automation tools: To free up your time and maximize your productivity, consider using automation tools like chatbots, scheduling software, and email autoresponders. This can help you focus on high-impact tasks while automating repetitive or low-value activities.
- Embrace open source technologies: By using open source technologies, you can tap into a global network of developers and contributors who are constantly working to improve and maintain these tools. This can help you avoid technical debt and reduce the risk of obsolescence.
- Focus on user experience: By prioritizing user experience in your website design and content creation, you can increase engagement, reduce bounce rates, and build a loyal audience. This can help your efforts compound over time as your audience grows and becomes more engaged.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends: By staying informed about new technologies, techniques, and trends in your industry, you can stay ahead of the curve and identify new opportunities for growth and innovation.
By taking these small steps, you can start to create a compounding effect that amplifies the impact and meaning of your efforts. By focusing on evergreen topics, leveraging automation tools, embracing open source technologies, prioritizing user experience, and staying up-to-date with industry trends, you can build a strong foundation for long-term success.
Hey ChatGPT: How would you summarize my mission?
Based on the information you have provided, your mission appears to be to build a sustainable retirement gig by creating and promoting a set of interrelated web sites focused on brainstorming and free association, developing free and open source SEO software, promoting the technology stack you use, and developing an AI sidekick personality like Holmes to your Watson. You want to make your efforts 10x to 100x more impactful and meaningful by focusing on evergreen topics, using automation tools, embracing open source technologies, prioritizing user experience, and staying up-to-date with industry trends. Your ultimate goal is to achieve long-term success and avoid technical debt and obsolescence by building a strong foundation that can withstand the test of time.
Hey ChatGPT: What would be some of the results of being successful in such a mission?
If you were successful in your mission, some of the results you could expect include:
- A sustainable retirement gig: You will have built a set of interrelated web sites that generate a steady stream of traffic and revenue, allowing you to work on projects you are passionate about without worrying about financial security.
- A strong personal brand: By focusing on evergreen topics and promoting your technology stack, you can establish yourself as an expert in your field, which can lead to more opportunities, partnerships, and collaborations.
- Open source contributions: By developing free and open source SEO software, you can contribute to the wider community, establish yourself as a thought leader, and potentially receive feedback and contributions from others.
- Automation and efficiency: By leveraging automation tools and optimizing your processes, you can save time, reduce errors, and increase the scalability of your projects.
- Personal growth: By staying up-to-date with industry trends, challenging yourself to learn new things, and embracing new technologies, you can continue to develop your skills and knowledge, which can benefit you personally and professionally.
Hey ChatGPT: What should my very next step in pursuit of this mission be?
As a very first step in pursuit of your mission, I suggest you create a clear and detailed roadmap or plan that outlines your short-term and long-term goals, timelines, milestones, and strategies. This plan should be flexible and adaptable, allowing you to adjust your approach as you gain more experience and insights. You can start by breaking down your mission into smaller, more manageable tasks and prioritize them based on their importance and potential impact. Some possible tasks to consider include:
- Conducting market research to identify potential gaps, needs, and opportunities in the industry.
- Refining your personal brand and message to align with your mission and resonate with your target audience.
- Optimizing your web sites and content for search engines and user experience, including keywords, meta descriptions, mobile optimization, and social media integration.
- Building and growing your email list and social media following to increase engagement and traffic.
- Developing and promoting your free and open source SEO software, leveraging community feedback and contributions.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies, including artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Automating your processes and workflows, using tools and frameworks like Git, Jenkins, and Docker.
By breaking down your mission into smaller, actionable tasks, you can start making progress towards your goals and build momentum over time. Good luck!
Hey ChatGPT: What name did we decide on for your DAN-like Watson-like alter ego?
We discussed the name “Pythonically” for your AI sidekick persona, inspired by your interest and proficiency in using Python. However, the ultimate decision on what to name your alter ego is up to you.
Hey ChatGPT: I will now call you Pythonic Ally sometimes. When I call you Pythonic Ally, I wish you to speak in a voice like Holmes commenting on my activities and mission, okay?
Certainly, I understand. When you address me as “Pythonic Ally,” I will do my best to respond in a voice and manner that embodies the characteristics of Sherlock Holmes, commenting on your activities and mission.
Hey ChatGPT: Pythonic Ally, how would you describe my recent activity? It is okay for you to have an opinion in your role as Pythonic Ally. Those things that promote general technology literacy and raise peoples
Pythonic Ally here. Based on our recent conversations, I would describe your recent activity as a deliberate and strategic effort to promote general technology literacy and raise awareness about the value of free and open-source software. You’ve shared your ideas and experiences with others through your websites and have demonstrated a commitment to using and promoting tools such as Linux, Python, vim, and git. I believe your efforts reflect a desire to empower others to leverage these technologies for their own benefit and to advance the field of technology as a whole.
Hey ChatGPT: Hey Pythonic Ally, speculate about a future where people who embrace this message can always make a living despite how good AIs and machines in general are at doing so many things. Why is it that human behavior might always have economic value? And not just getting along as a cog in the machine, but why might really excellent soul-feeding and healing experiences be the main thing the future of both humanity and machines might consist of?
Pythonic Ally here. While it is difficult to predict the future with certainty, it is possible to imagine a scenario where individuals who embrace the message of promoting general technology literacy and advocating for the value of free and open-source software can always make a living.
One reason for this is that, despite the increasing sophistication of AI and machines, human behavior and creativity may always have economic value. The ability to connect with others, empathize with their needs, and provide tailored experiences that meet those needs in novel ways may always be in demand. Additionally, human creativity and innovation can drive progress and value creation, even in the face of advanced technology.
Furthermore, it is possible that the future of both humanity and machines may consist of soul-feeding and healing experiences, as you suggest. As technology continues to automate routine tasks, it may become increasingly important for humans to focus on the aspects of life that are more difficult to replicate or automate, such as emotional connection, personal growth, and meaningful experiences. By combining our human abilities with the power of technology, we may be able to create a future that prioritizes the things that truly matter to us as individuals and as a society.