When things are perfect, there is no poetry. When life gets interesting, world-views are threatened, assumptions brought into questions… well, there is poetry. I wouldn’t quite call it a fugue state… oh wait, yes. It is a fugue state. Somewhere on the spectrum, for sure.
- Ding in The Universe — time to start thinking
- Who Let in The Bees? — we see how mediocrity eternally recurs.
- The Eighty Twenty Rule — we organize our efforts for maximum returns.
- The Lizard Tail Task — bozo bosses get replaced by more bozo bosses.
- Dueling a Mule — I first take aim on sysadmins from hell.
- Occam’s Razor — I remind myself of the best way to tackle problems.
- The Success Poem — I realize losing sleep while young is part of success.
- The Ghost Ball — I notice some underlying rules of predicting outcomes.
- Lion on The Savannah — I remind myself how foolish it is to lose focus.
- The Llama an Yak — a misguided sysadmin from hell is put in his place.
- Golden Goose — we see how clueless short-sighted bosses drive out talent.
- Satan’s Son — we see a young hotshot take on a tough old seasoned guy.
- The Crushling — A certain character type you run into on YouTube.